Euro Truck Simulator 2 version 1.37 is officially out and ready. To get the new ETS2 update you just have to open Steam and it will update itself. After that, make sure you opt out of beta versions of the game.
The most important features of ETS2 patch 1.37
- FMOD Sound engine
- 4 French Cities reworked
- Windows that can open
- Walking camera in garage
- Food tanks that can be owned
- ASUS Aura Ready support
ETS2 version 1.37 mods
The most important feature of this patch is the introduction of FMOD, a new sound engine. On our website you can find the best ETS2 patch 1.37 mods. In addition, some users reported many incompatibilities with the older mods, especially with the sounds. However, many might still be compatible.
The new updates
The new sound engine uses FMOD, which is a library which radically redefines the way vehicle and environment sounds are mixed.
Opening windows is a feature that the fans embraced and a lot of people love. Also because of the sound update, it will make things much more interesting.
Reworking the map is something that SCS Software is now doing quite often and we are proud of that. However, we want to encourage them to do that more, especially the really old parts of the map. For this update, we got a rework of 4 french cities: Metz, Reims, Strasbourg, and Dijon. For instance, below is a photo to see how fresh and new the rework looks with the new hotel model.
Full features list
- 4 French cities reskinned (See here for more details)
- Food tank trailer (ownable)
- Food tank (ownable) for Schwarzmüller DLC
- FMOD implementation with all existing sounds and few improvements
- Openable windows on all trucks (featuring FMOD)
- AI movement and sound behavior improved (featuring FMOD)
- Walking camera in truck or trailer configuration screen (plus new garage scene)
- Added technical inspection of vehicles on mandatory weigh stations (illegal trailer, damaged vehicle).
- Added progressive speeding fines.
- Updated hi-res loading screen pictures
- Colour feedback support for ASUS ROG Strix (ASUS Aura Ready)
TOBII EYE TRACKING
- Eye-tracking pause key function fixed
- Automatic eye-tracking pause while the game is paused/in UI
- Settings hotkey visibility in UI
- Ingame sounds completely reimplemented for FMOD
- Engine power range data (instead of boost value)
- Exhaust gas temp gauge animation
- AI data tweak (engine power instead of torque and gearbox, vehicle_mass override for trailers)
SCS Software released a video showcasing the most important updates in ETS 2 1.37. We left a link below and we want to ask you to let us know what are your opinions on the new patch in the comments. Are you happy with it?